What personal information do we collect?
When you send a form on this website to us, it will provide the following personal information:
– Your name
– Your email address
– Your mobile number
How we use personal information collected about you
1. We may use your personal information in order to:
– Provide and market to you our products and services (this may occur via our authorised dealers);
– Communicate with you generally in relation to our products, services, and our promotional and general activities (this may also occur via our authorised dealers);
– Support your purchase through warranty (this may also occur via our authorised dealers);
– Comply with our legal obligations;
– Help us manage our services; and
– Conduct customer and market research to improve the quality of our products and services.
2. We may contact and communicate with you either via the telephone, email or SMS. Generally, we will not direct market to anyone unless they have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications.
3. However, if we contact you for the purposes of direct marketing, without having obtained your consent first, because it is impracticable for us to do so, we will at that time provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications at no cost to you.
4. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of PPS. These organisations may include:
– Our appointed authorised dealers (who may also contact you for reasons including those set out above);
– Outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you, including customer research; financial services and insurance; mailing systems and direct marketing; and market research;
– Government, regularity and law enforcement authorities and organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
our related bodies corporate.
5. Those above-mentioned contracted parties are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them. Some of our information technology service providers may be located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected and held by us may be transferred overseas.
6. Sometimes, the law requires us to disclose personal information. For example, information may be disclosed to a court in response to a subpoena or to a Government agency such as the Australian Taxation Office.
7. We may also disclose personal information where the individual consents to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
8. Every time we send you an email, we will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive further emails of that type.
9. We may also use your email address to respond to feedback given about this website, and to confirm receipt of emails sent to us.
Is my personal and sensitive information secure?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites.
Like many websites, our website may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes. The default settings of browsers like Internet Explorer allow cookies, but users can easily erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies. Cookies and the anonymous web usage information referred to above will not be used to identify you as an individual unless required by law, or where the website is accessed via links in an email we have sent which specifically refers to the fact that clicking on links from the email may be tracked.
Penske Power Systems’ interactions with you are also regulated under the Spam Act 2003. PPS complies with these laws and will not send you a commercial electronic message unless permitted by the Act.
What if you have an enquiry, or want to update or change your personal details?
If you have questions about PPS and privacy, wish to provide feedback about this policy, would like to update or correct your personal details held by PPS or wish to access information held by PPS about you, please contact the Penske Power Systems Privacy Officer at:
Phone: +61 02 9794 2719
Postal address: Penske Power Systems Pty Ltd 78-82 Riverside Road Chipping Norton NSW 2170 Australia
For general information on protecting your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.